This article describes RPG mechanics. Replace this text with your own description of the purpose and summary of the mechanic.
Getting StartedYour characters will each be starting in the academic setting known as the Drákos Akadimía. You will each be in the same graduating class, though you will come from very diverse backgrounds and be studying in a range of areas of focus.
Value of your BackgroundYour characters will be starting with a background. This background provides a framework for your backstory, and provides a number of benefits:
- It links you to a particular region of origin.
- It helps you select your ancestry (your lineage, or race in D&D 5e terms).
- It helps provide you with a feel for how your character fits in the highly class-based society you begin in.
- It provides the usual benefits of starting equipment, appropriate to your background.
- It provides the DM with the ability to link your character to particular families (factions).
- It provides the DM with several in character events that he or she can elaborate on later in the campaign
- If your DM is starting your characters at a higher level, it provides you and the DM with a subset of classes appropriate to your background to start in.