Theory of Magics
Students who select this area of study as their core concentration often go on as teachers, foreign service, skilled artisians, or other specialist careers. This discipline covers topics such as:
- Introductory material covering the fundamentals of the magical field of Zihæt, and the implications for its use.
- The identification and classification of types and sources of magic.
- The fundamental principles behind each type of magic.
- The source, medium of transmission and mechanics of manipulation for different sources of magic.
- The relation between naturally occuring entities, including elementals, and magic.
- The design, testing and transmission of new magical spells.
- The improvement of the efficiency, efficacy, stability and duration of magical spells and effects.
- The ethics and societal impacts of magic, and its role in improving or replacing labor.